søndag 11. mai 2008

Stamp on postcard (maxicard)...

It's been a while since I did post here. I have not been well, but now I'm better. I have some heart trouble and kidney failure, so now you know. As this blog is about postcard I'll switch to that.

The first card show a phenomen from northern Norway called midnight sun, I'ts from the summertime when the sun is shining all day and night. I have not experienced this myself, but I have seen the opposite "phenomen" - darkness all day and night, which is in the wintertime of course.

The second card is from the WC of ski in Oslo in 1982. The picture is "slightly" older I think. I'm looking forward to 2011 when Oslo is host again. I don't ski myself, so I shall not participate (!)

1 kommentar:

jmb sa...

I'm sorry to hear that you have been ill Helge and I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.

These two postcards are so typical of we all think of as Norway, land of the midnight sun and of course skiing , especially cross country skiing.

I can't believe you don't ski. I thought everyone would there.