lørdag 28. mars 2009

England...

The postcards I will show you today is from England, bought in London on a postcard show called BIPEX - British International Postcard Exhibition, which is a must for postcards fans. For those who are interested - and in London - this years BIPEX is from 3rd - 5th september.
T
he first card is of Prince of Wales with family in early and happy days. This had a tragic history which ended with the carcrash in Paris that killed Princess Diana. But the postcard is a happy memory of the Princess and a happy family.
The second card is a advertising card for London Underground - the tube. It must be the best underground system in the world, but it need a lot of refurbishing because its very old.




8 kommentarer:

Postcardy sa...

I was glad to see a postcard blog I had never seen before. I hope you post more often. I have found that Postcard Friendship Friday has motivated me to post more often than I did in 2008.

Judith Richards Shubert sa...

Hi Helge,
I love the postcards you have chosen for PFF. I've posted my first one on my blog, Genealogy Traces and would love to have you visit me there.

Sheila sa...

Hello from the UK! Interesting cards you have here. The Diana and Charles one must be quite a collector's item. The one for the underground makes me laught - it seems a bizarre way to advertise a railway. :)

Marie Reed sa...

I would be very interested in seeing this show! Thanks for the information. I'm thrilled to find your blog! Happy Postcard Friendship Friday!

Evelyn Yvonne Theriault sa...

Thanks for sharing the Diana postcard. I have a shelf full of Royal Family biographies / autobiographies etc.but I've never seen a royal postcard before.
Evelyn in Montreal

Hemorrhoid Relief sa...

Nice post cards shows the 3 most popular members of Royal family and a other post cards keep collecting they are nice.

With wishes:Hemorrhoid Relief

hemorrhoid relief sa...

Nice post and blog there . Keep doing what you do as showing the famous and unknown cards to the world.

with regards: relief from hemorrhoid

buy rift account sa...

WoW! that was really wonderful. .nice post BTW.=D